[time-nuts] eBay Ublox

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Nov 21 08:45:19 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: paul swed
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:34 PM
To: Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] eBay Ublox

any luck on the ntp server?

If it's me you are asking, yes, Paul, here's the server:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-NTP.html

and here's the performance with the u-blox NEO-6M (I know that's a
Navigation and not a Time GPS).

  http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_raspi-1.php

When recompiling NTP /and/ installing SNMP, there was a +20 microsecond
transient, followed by a -14 microsecond transient during recovery.  That
was just before 16:00 UTC the day before yesterday, and is just disappearing
off the left end of the graph as I write (08:40 UTC, Wednesday).  Otherwise
well within 5 microseconds, with the unit just sitting out in the open.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk