[time-nuts] FE-5682A coming, any info?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 15:07:57 UTC 2012

Measure both pins and see if 1 is grounded.
Telco is indeed -48V. So I would expect hopefully to see pin 8 at close to
0 ohms. If so then the plus of the 48 V would connect here and the label
is explicit.
But what I have run into is that nothing connects to ground and as such
whats minus is a guess. So at that point if you can take a cover off, look
at the electrolytic caps that are sure to be across those 2 pins. Confirm
the actual plus and minus. May be good to do this no matter what. I hate
smoke.
Regards
Paul