[time-nuts] EIP545A 18GHz counter query

Chris Wilson chris at chriswilson.tv
Thu Nov 29 09:32:39 UTC 2012

29/11/2012 09:30

The replacement for the missing U6 chip arrived this morning and it
now completes the 200 MHz self test It will read up to the limit of my
frequency generator on Band 3 which is only 1040 MHz, but looks
promising.

Band 2 also works, but seemingly has an anomaly. I cannot get Band 2
to read below 185.000 MHz. If I input 184.900 it won't read it and
displays zeros. 185 and up is OK... Weird. It should read from 10 MHz
up to 1 GHz. It'll go to 1 GHz plus AOK.

Band 1 appears to work fine.

These tests are with both my GPS referenced external standard and the
internal reference used.

So Band 2 appears to have a further issue. Will refer to the manual
and see if I can fathom it out. Any ideas as to why Band 2 will only
read from 185 MHz upwards please? Thanks.

--
       Best Regards,
                   Chris Wilson.