[time-nuts] Frequency generator and counter on same external reference

Tom Clifton kc0vsj at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 15:01:41 UTC 2012

Good heavens, no.  By doing so, they both have the same reference and the measuremets actually means something. I have a stack of HP stuff (3586, 3386 and assorted counters) all T'd off my Tbolt without issue.  The only caveat is that you don't put too much stuff across the T-bolt output so as to load it down to the point where some device can't get clocking. Before you hit that point, you may need a high quality (low jitter) distribution amp in the timing chain.