[time-nuts] Best counter setting for ADEV?

Said Jackson saidjack at aol.com
Tue Oct 2 12:40:21 UTC 2012

Luciano,

For TI mode, I have recommended the Wavecrest DTS time interval counters here in the past.

Can be 1/2 price of an HP 53132A ($600 or so) on ebay, has 800 femtoseconds resolution, and around 3ps SD typically. Goes to 800Mhz or twice that depending on model. That blows the 53132A out of the water.

Useless in frequency mode though, one must calculate frequency by fast time interval measurement on the 10MHz for example using Stable 32 etc.

Heavy, large, and power hungry, but quite solid.

Said