[time-nuts] OT question about liquid cooling

Tom Harris celephicus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 23:35:41 UTC 2012

My day job is large industrial power supplies. The test racks have large
resistive loads with big fans exhausting to the outside. Cheap & simple.
Safety is by several strings of temperature cutouts wired in series. We
usually get work experience students in to wire them up.

Tip: to make a funny valued power resistor, just get the next value up and
wrap some nichrome wire around it to bring it down to the correct value.

I met an engineer who made a battery charger for one of our submarines.
This was tested by putting the load bank in a dumpmaster, and keeping it
filled up with water using a firehose!

Tom Harris <celephicus at gmail.com>