[time-nuts] To use or not to use transmission line splitters for GPS receivers

gary lists at lazygranch.com
Tue Oct 9 07:51:23 UTC 2012

I was wondering about that myself, but my guess is the crosstalk would
be from whatever grunge was coming from the other GPS. Every amplifier
has reverse parameters, so a small amount of the crud (circuitry noise)
from one GPS will reach the other GPS. Not much, but some people are
nuts about time.

This is a bigger problem with radios, where the locals from one radio
can reach the input to the other radio.

I was also confused on the notion of a transmission line splitter. Is
this a Wilkinson or something else?