[time-nuts] 57600 baud rate with Basic etc

Murray Greenman denwood at orcon.net.nz
Wed Oct 10 08:05:00 UTC 2012

Corby,
Power Basic certainly does the job. However, there's a fairly big learning
curve. I use Just Basic, which is a FREE cut-down version of Liberty Basic.
While there are a few limitations, and some things you need to do aren't
entirely intuitive, it works very well and the serial comms support is
excellent. Not only will it do the higher speeds, it will also talk to any
COM port you like, including those USB serial adaptors which typically live
up at COM6 or higher.

What's more Just Basic works great with Win7. I've attached a screen-shot of
one of my programs which drives a serial DDS synthesizer (the FEI FE-56xx Rb
synth). Looks good and works great.

Regards,
Murray ZL1BPU