[time-nuts] GPS splitter measurements

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Thu Oct 11 23:05:50 UTC 2012

On 10/12/2012 12:16 AM, Azelio Boriani wrote:
> Please take care that the S14WI is "smart": if it doesn't sense a DC
> current on the antenna port then it reports that to the user ports and I
> think it can even power off the internal amplifier, this can account for
> the observed loss instead of the gain.

I did consider this. but did not have the time and energy to follow that
up at the time. It was only when I got home that I could dig up the
datasheet and manual of the S14WI. Didn't want to fry it in the lab.

I rather do an incomplete lab quick and safe. I reports warts and all.

I'll see if I get time to re-do it tomorrow.

Regardless, I want to get things going. More people than me should be
able to do this.

Cheers,
Magnus