[time-nuts] Adjusting HP 5065A frequency

Edgardo Molina xe1xus at amsat.org
Sun Oct 21 15:11:58 UTC 2012

Dear Corby,

Good morning. Thank you for the detailed instructions to bring the 5065A close to desired frequency. I couldn't have a cleaner explanation of the process.

Yesterday evening I tried adjusting the C field in small steps using a mixer, lpf and two oscillators setup as my current frequency counter is not able to resolve de small increments/decrements of frequency adjustment. Still I could detect the adjustments as I performed them. The response is quite fast. I have been told that these units are really stable compared to the small telecom Rb units. I heard a comment that the 5065A is even more stable than the new Symmetricom units using the X72 Rb module. Have you ever measured such differences in stability?

Thank you.

Regards,

Edgardo Molina
Dirección IPTEL

www.iptel.net.mx

T : 55 55 55202444
M : 04455 20501854

Piensa en Bits SA de CV

Información anexa:

CONFIDENCIALIDAD DE INFORMACION

Este mensaje tiene carácter confidencial. Si usted no es el destinarario de este mensaje, le suplicamos se lo notifique al remitente mediante un correo electrónico y que borre el presente mensaje y sus anexos de su computadora sin retener una copia de los mismos. Queda estrictamente prohibido copiar este mensaje o hacer usode el para cualquier propósito o divulgar su en forma parcial o total su contenido. Gracias.

NON-DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION

This email is strictly confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please immediately advise the sender by replying to this e-mail and then deleting the message and its attachments from your computer without keeping a copy. It is strictly forbidden to copy it or use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any third party. Thank you.