[time-nuts] SC Cut

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Tue Sep 11 22:58:41 UTC 2012

On 09/12/2012 12:00 AM, Richard (Rick) Karlquist wrote:
> There is plenty of documentation at the IEEE web
> site in the UFFC society's section. EerNisse
> gave a paper at the Frequency Control Symposium
> on it at the time. Kusters followed up a year
> later with experimental data. I am not aware of
> any controversy about these two guys being the
> inventors, and I have attended many FCS's. I
> don't know how you prove to the Wiki police that
> there is no paper predating EerNisse's paper.
> Maybe there is a patent on it.

UFFC has some excellent resources on the web which does not require you
to be a member to use:
http://www.ieee-uffc.org/frequency_control/teaching.asp

If you go for "Doubly Rotated Thickness Mode Plate Vibrators" by Arthur
Ballato (one of several usual suspects)
http://www.ieee-uffc.org/frequency_control/teaching/pdf/Ballato.pdf

On page 16 you find that both of them get's referenced for the SC-cut,
but with years being reversed from what has been given in this thread.

Regardless, there it is. Online. For free. Take it and run with it Jim!

Please make liberal use of that UFFC teaching resource.

As I recall the Wikipedia stuff, they prefer free web-references over
others, but it's not completely ruled out to use sources not available
on those terms. It just makes it harder to check when they can't read it
widely.

Cheers,
Magnus