[time-nuts] Z3805 serial ports

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sun Sep 16 15:16:59 UTC 2012

I just acquired one of fluke.l's "Samsung" labeled z3805a units (the one
with double-oven 10811A, 2 10 MHz, 2 PPS, and 2 comm ports.  Bob tells
me that the comm ports are configured for RS-232, but I haven't powered
the thing up yet (still working on power supply) so haven't inspected
what the signals really look like.

I'm curious whether the PPS is on the "port 1" connector (the port 2
connector only has TXD, RXD, and SG wires, so it's definitely not
there).  Has anyone used one of these with software that looks for PPS
on the DCD line?  Anything need to be done to make that work?

Thanks,

John