[time-nuts] Reducing lab noise with LED lighting.

Tom Knox actast at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 17 00:09:18 UTC 2012

In this green era here in the USA there is a big push toward CFL lighting. Problem is I can see my CFL lighting on my PN measurements and other equipment. I am finding it is very noisy so I have started researching cost effective LED lighting and was amazed at what is available. On eBay there are 10 to 100 watt raw chips for $2-25.00  but that is equal to about 5 times the lumen of incandescent lighting. I was going to try building the heat sinks and supply into my existing bench fixtures.
I will post more info soon.
Thomas Knox