[time-nuts] Z3801 Replacement GPS Receiver Card

Art Sepin art at synergy-gps.com
Tue Sep 18 03:18:58 UTC 2012

WinOncore12 was Motorola's first Windows application coded for the
original M12 and, in 2001, the new M12+ timing receiver. WinOncore12,
and the later SiRF Oncore application, only recognize 6 and 8 channel VP
Oncore commands to the extent that they are common with the M12x
receivers (not that many).

Motorola only offered the DOS based "GPS Controller" software back in
1997 so Synergy commissioned Rick Hambly at CNS Systems to produce a
sub-set of his TAC/32 Windows controller application for us - it's named
SynTAC. SynTAC (like TAC/32 and TAC32Plus) automatically recognizes and
initializes every 6, 8 and 12 channel receiver produced by Motorola from
1992 to 2005 and ilotus M12M receivers from 2006 to present. This
includes the original 6 channel PVT-6, 6&8 channel Basic Oncore, 6&8
channel VP Oncore, etc., etc.

Since 1997 Hundreds of Hams, experimenters and educational institutions
have downloaded the fully functioning 30 day evaluation version of the
SynTAC application (without purchasing the product) to automatically
setup and test Oncore receivers that didn't seem to work properly or
were behaving oddly due to conflicting setup commands.

Art Sepin