[time-nuts] 100 watt & higher LED power supply...

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 13:47:23 UTC 2012

Boy I have been staying clear of this discussion.
Pretty sure they make drop in led tubes now at $$$
Its funny we speak to a 100 watt lamp. But for a led that would be
something like 24 watts.
It makes no sense to speak in watts. Instead Lumens. I think we want the
luminisity of a 100 watt incandescent bulb.
Was in a hotel elevator last week that had replaced the overhead lamps with
4 chip LEDs. Both the intensity and color were very impressive. I was
thinking great for the bench. Wanted to unscrew one and see who made them.
It was the small form factor like Halogen.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL