[time-nuts] Hi Power LED Light power supply...

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 18 17:51:07 UTC 2012

On 9/18/12 6:54 AM, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> The shutter on a conventional movie projector is very much an on / off
> device. They run well below 120Hz.

Actually, the typical movie projector uses a rotary shutter which runs
at twice the frame rate (e.g. 48 flashes/second) and is hardly a fast
transition.

The actual waveform is more like a trapezoid (imagine a narrow beam of
light going through a rotating disk with two sectors in it..)

There's also noticeable movement of the film as the shutter is opening
and closing, however, your eye/brain is pretty immune to overall image
shifts, particularly when it fills the field of view: it's not much
different than handling the saccades of your normal eye movements.

24 fps is quite visible to most people (hence interlace on TVs to get 50
or 60 fields/second)

The phosphors in a white LED are at least