[time-nuts] WWVB Now a Monopoly

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Wed Sep 26 17:59:08 UTC 2012

Two comments:

First is a matter of principle...  the 'upgrade' was done with public
money, taxpayer money. We bought and paid for it. It should be freely
available. Xtendwave is essentially taxing a public service.

If Xtendwave wants a monopoly on time, they should build their own
transmitter, rather than sponging off the taxpayers.

Second, I don't care about TOD. My interest is in a standard of time
interval.

YMMV,

-John