[time-nuts] usb gps devices

dlewis6767 dlewis6767 at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 26 23:35:28 UTC 2012

I've purchased some VERY cheap ones from eBay (china/hongkong).  Some from
Motorola/ Trimble/ etc, ....  Some with SiRF protocol, all with NMEA
protocol.   All cheap.   :-)

Just read the spec sheet on each before you buy, ...they are often in the
eBay auction, btw.

If it says the 1-pps is 'tied to' UTC time, then they will be accurate,
...mine are within 15-50ns.

Otherwise, ...like David says, ...they are not tied to the GPS clock and can
be off by microseconds.

-Don