[time-nuts] Lady Heather on Laptop

jim s jws at jwsss.com
Thu Sep 27 16:21:28 UTC 2012

On 9/27/2012 4:07 AM, Jerry wrote:
> I am using a dedicated fast pro9cessor laptop but Lady heather seems to
> slo9w down and every 20-30 seconds I can see it race through the seconds to
> catch up.
There are some system and version suggestions posted in other replies.
Another thing that happens is the laptop has system management mode code
that runs on laptops and some of it is buggy such that it causes pauses
and losses of control on windows and other OS's due to execution of bios
code to maintain control of battery charging and care.

That might explain the pauses.  One way to verify it is to run it and
see if the pauses happen with the battery or power removed.  Not sure of
a solution,  but may give more info.

There is another possibility that happens to me, and that is network
related.  There are system processes on my XP system that happen, which
may still be on Vista which lock the system, but not for so long as 20
seconds.

jim