[time-nuts] Time shown as two horizontal bars

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Tue Apr 2 16:23:16 EDT 2013

Hi:

If I remember correctly this is to go above a wide screen TV.
That means there's no space in front for a projector.
It also means the light level needs to be fairly dim when the TV is being watched at night and fairly bright in the
daytime (but the latter is of much less importance).
The rectangular shaped individual LEDs or the 10 segment bar graph type would work.  But some cleverness would be needed
to make the time obivious and get the brightness correct.

I have the Nixie Tube  Four Letter Word GPS disciplined clock visible in my TV room and it often gets comments.
http://www.prc68.com/I/timefreq.shtml#FLW
When you see for underlines the characters displayed are HH:MM.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com