[time-nuts] DATUM 9390-52054 Grief again...

Burt I. Weiner biwa at att.net
Sat Apr 6 19:31:51 EDT 2013

Hal,

The two Dautm 9390-52054's that I have are about 15 to 20 years
old.  I did a google search earlier, but didn't find anything that
quite looks like the GPS module inside my unit.  I don't know if I
can post a picture to this site, but I'll take a picture of the GPS
module and give it a try.  Since I posted the first and 2nd message
about this problem, I've since posted what I'm sure is an error
message:  N200/S116/DT202KP.  I have no idea what this is telling me.

Thanks for your input.

Burt

At 04:12 PM 4/6/2013, time-nuts-request at febo.com wrote
>From: Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net>
>
>Subject: Re: [time-nuts] DATUM 9390-52054 Grief again...
>

>biwa at att.net said:
> > By the way,  the GPS block on the DATUM overall schematic is marked, "SV6 /
> > (TANS)".  I suspect this means something noteworthy.
>
>SV6 or SVeeSix is an old old old Trimble module.
>
>Google finds stuff.
>
>I picked up a couple many years ago, or at least they were described as SV6.
>They match the picture here, including the box around the PCB.
>   http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~geoff36/gps.htm
>I think they were used for tracking trucks.
>
>The PCB inside the box is 1.8 x 3.3 inches.  That doesn't match the picture I
>found in a manual from Trimble.

Burt I. Weiner Associates
Broadcast Technical Services
Glendale, California  U.S.A.