[time-nuts] Common-View GPS Network

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Wed Apr 17 01:21:14 EDT 2013

> Tom, you scare me some times, this is one of them... or the time actually.

Magnus,

I remember why I didn't measure the M12 oscillators directly -- it's a real challenge to get at the signal on the back side of the PCB and to measure it without loading the crystal. It's not like just connecting a wire to a 50R Timepod input. Here are photos of the oscillator on three different versions of the M12 board:

    http://leapsecond.com/pages/m12/m12-osc.htm

Perhaps with some 'scope tracing you can find a buffered clock output on one of the ASIC pins. That way the same probing technique could be used on all 3 boards.

/tvb