[time-nuts] 10 MHz clock distribution for the lab

Russ Ramirez russ.ramirez at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 12:55:17 EDT 2013

At what point does one require a distribution amp? My TBolt currently
provides a reference clock for 2 instruments, and I know of no issues.
Since the unit came with the 1:2 Mini-Circuits splitter, I expected this to
be the case. If I switched to a
ZFSC-4-1<http://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/ZFSC-4-1+.pdf>1:4 splitter
say, to add a reference to a 3rd instrument, at what point
does this become an issue if the insertion loss is only -6dB on any port?
HP provides both the input impedance and the capacitive load for a 5334
counter, which is nice, but this does not seem to be a standard or norm per
se in the T&M industry.

OTOH, I don't want to over think this though :-)

Russ