[time-nuts] Z3805A OCXO p/n 3505A09422?

Charles P. Steinmetz charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com
Thu Apr 18 19:15:29 EDT 2013

Brooke wrote:

>I'm trying to learn more about the HP Z3805A GPSDO.
>http://www.prc68.com/I/Z3805A.html
>
>It has an OCXO that I haven't seen before with a paper sticker with
>it's p/n: 3505A09422
>The "A" normally means made in America.

Check the output on a spectrum analyzer for 5 MHz content.  I've seen
several internet-sourced Z3805As that were explicitly claimed to have
HP 10811-60165 oscillators, but actually contained unlabeled
oscillators that look like this one and appear to be 5 MHz
oscillators with doublers (the output contains 5 MHz at ~ -50
dBc).  I have heard that Symmetricom may have made oscillators
fitting this description, but have no further knowledge.

Best regards,

Charles