[time-nuts] S743 Marketplace Fariness Act

lists at lazygranch.com lists at lazygranch.com
Tue Apr 23 21:49:24 EDT 2013

There are limitations for low volume sellers. Ebay could easily write a program to compute sales tax. My problem with the seller collecting tax is do they really send it off to the tax authority.

Technically, there is no sales tax on used items, at least in most states. Certain high value items do get taxed when bought used, like cars and planes.