[time-nuts] S743 Marketplace Fariness Act

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 10:53:02 EDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 1:04 AM, DaveH <info at blackmountainforge.com> wrote:

> If I walked into Parts Express's corporate headquarters in Ohio and
> purchased some stuff, I could show my WA State drivers license and be
> exempt
> from the Ohio sales tax. Why is this any different from an online purchase?

Actually, that's not true at all.  Ordering across state lines and picking
up will trigger them having to pay sales tax (and then charging you) since
the sale happened in Ohio as well as if you just cross into Ohio and
initiate the transaction there.

And again, this thread has no business being on this list so please make it
go away guys.  The only reason I'm saying anything is to encourage people
to just stop!

-Bob