[time-nuts] AN/URQ-10A frequency standard

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 22:06:37 EDT 2013

Gregory
Well I am afraid I have become spoiled in that I use the GPS locked
references these days. They consume little power or maybe about the same
actually as the 10. So I also have a mix of great old oscillators. But for
me at least thats what the 10 would be. I have to say that it was what
started me on the ole time-nuttery way back when I had to adjust our
shipboard radios to the reference incase they ever failed or... Though at
that point I don't think radios would have been on my mind.
I had looked for them at hamfests over the years the closest I came was
some apha grade urq 11,12, or 13 from Frequency Electronics. Anyhow its
never ever worked right at the core.
And thats why it was at the hamfest. I did not pay much for it so can't
actually complain.
You don't really see much of that stuff anymore.
Good luck on the inner oven.
Regards
Paul.