[time-nuts] Italian Time Station on 10 MHz ?

EB4APL eb4apl at cembreros.jazztel.es
Sun Apr 28 13:14:42 EDT 2013

Hi Iain
It is operating from mid 2012 at least, I started a thread about it on
06/29/2012  when I noticed it and several members responded with their
opinions.
It seems to be more a "pirate station" than an "experimental station", I
have serious doubts that they may have a license for it.
For starting their announced web page www.italcable.it redirects to
www.associazioneitalcable.it (Italcable was a historic
telecommunications company now merged into Telecom Italia).
The site has just a page without any explanation about the association
and his goals and only announces their "Open Source Sensors" and the
Time Signals stations on 10 MHz and 15 MHz both defined as "amateur and
experimental station". They also include an email address, a postal
address and under "License" they say "Authorized by the Ministry of
Economic Development".  I suppose that is the license for operating the
association, not the radio stations.
The 10 MHz station frequency is almost 4 Hz down since the beginning,
the 15 MHz transmission, new for me, is much more on frequency, less
than 1 Hz high.
The pips are at 1110 Hz above the carrier, I did not made any effort for
reading the code, even it could be fake, neither how good is its time .
And their use of music for filling the idle time severely interferes
with legitimate time signals in these frequencies.
Also, according to some local hams, the stated transmission site is faked.

Best regards,
Ignacio EB4APL