[time-nuts] Removing "goop" was: =>Re: 10811 Outer oven controller schematic

John Marvin jm-tnut at themarvins.org
Thu Aug 1 02:29:06 EDT 2013

I've found that a lot of sticky things, including sticker glue, is oil
soluble. So I just use a liberal amount of vegetable oil with a cloth to
dissolve the stuff and get rid of the goop. Then you are left with an
oily surface (you probably shouldn't use this method on cloth which
might be stained by the vegetable oil). The second stage of the process
then can be a variety of cleaners to remove the liquid oil. Dove
dishwashing soap can be quite effective. Anyway, this two step process
works quite well for a lot of things that would take more work scrubbing
and scraping otherwise. In many cases it does a better job, without
having to use harsher chemicals.

John