[time-nuts] Trimble Nortel GPSTM Boards

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Tue Aug 6 05:01:04 EDT 2013

Thanks Mark

I'll start over and will do as you suggest.

I'm sure you'll have been told this many times before but Lady Heather is
an amazing piece of software, thank you, even if I do feel at  times that
I'm suffering from severe information overload:-)

I guess this might be more a question for John Miles, to whom also many
thanks for the Windows version, but I've noticed that, here at  least, LH
seems much happier running under XP than it does under Windows 7,  unless of
course it's a hardware issue.

On a 3GHz P4, using a native serial port under XP, I'm seeing around 10%
CPU load with time and data updating smoothly, whilst on a 2GHz dual core
laptop using a serial to USB adapter under Win7 although it runs ok the CPU
load  is showing as around 50% and updates are erratic.
It will tick away nicely for several seconds, then pause before making a
dash to catch up, which it never quite manages with the display always at
least a few seconds behind the XP machine.

It's not a major problem, I can run more serial ports on the XP machine
anyway, and I've not yet spent any time investigating further but it is just
heather.exe that's showing as loading the CPU, so thought I'd ask first.

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR