[time-nuts] SDR Radio Opinion- Next Question

Alberto di Bene dibene at usa.net
Tue Aug 6 17:03:42 EDT 2013

On 8/6/2013 5:12 AM, Chris Albertson wrote:

> /It depends of it you want to be the kind of ham who understands radios and
> can build and design them or the kind who would have never remove the cover
> off his commercial built radio.    Linux is the best OS for developers and
> those who like to build gear.   Windows is better for the "appliance user"
> crowd./

When I developed Winrad and my other SDR programs, a few years ago, I examined which
were the tools available to a serious developer.

My conclusion was that under Windows you could find professional tools, geared towards
professional developments.  What was available under Linux were little more than toys,
meant for the hobbyists and the tinkerers.  For example, at the time I was unable to find
under Linux a development environment with the features and the power of the Embarcadero
Rad Studio, which is what I use.  This made me to choose Windows as my main platform.

73  Alberto  I2PHD