[time-nuts] SDR Radio Opinion- Next Question...

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 12:09:29 EDT 2013

Got some examples?  Without specific you risk sounding like some old guy
says "to days music is no good the old stuff was better"  Which of course
was every year for the last three hundred years.

But it could be that much software is poorly designed. It is so easy now to
write something and publish it so many people do and the markethas to
decide what's good and not.  But you can't talk about generalities.     So
which specific software don't you like.

One thing about Open Source SDR software, if you don't like it, you can
change it.

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM, Burt I. Weiner <biwa at att.net> wrote:

> Chris and all,
>
> It seems to me that a lot of the new software is being developed by people
> who don't live in the real world or don't use the end product in the real
> world - or maybe not at all.  Maybe I'm just old and senile, but a lot of
> the stuff I'm seeing is not intuitive, stable or even consistent.
>
> Is the State of The Art exceeding the state of the need?
>
> Burt, K6OQK
>

> --

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California