[time-nuts] Advantages of differential oscillator structures?

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sat Aug 10 12:26:43 EDT 2013

The stability with two active devices will be worse than with one. That's true of tc, ADEV, and phase noise.

Buffering out of the circuit is problematic for a precision application, so that's likely to add to the noise as well.

It's a reasonable way to do a cheap oscillator. It's probably not a lot worse than some inverter feedback clocks.  It's not a great approach for a TimeNuts stable part.