[time-nuts] Advantages of differential oscillator structures?

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sat Aug 10 12:26:43 EDT 2013

Hi

The stability with two active devices will be worse than with one. That's true of tc, ADEV, and phase noise.

Buffering out of the circuit is problematic for a precision application, so that's likely to add to the noise as well.

It's a reasonable way to do a cheap oscillator. It's probably not a lot worse than some inverter feedback clocks.  It's not a great approach for a TimeNuts stable part.

Bob