[time-nuts] HP 5370B EFC?

Perry Sandeen sandeenpa at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 14 23:10:27 EDT 2013

List,

The four 5370B TIC’s that I have all have the
10811 high stability oscillator installed.   AFAIK there is no provision for
doing EFC.  Doing a mod to add it seems
relatively simple.

My question is:  Is it worth the effort to add EFC? My concerns for not doing it are the
way the cooling airflow is routed past the oscillator and also that the
vibration of the cooling fan would negate any positive gain from EFC.

Thoughts?

I’ve also made a list of TVA atom types of
electrolytic capacitors for wholesale replacement when I re-work my units.  If anyone wants a copy please reply off list
and I’ll email it.

Regards,

Perrier