[time-nuts] Wavecrest DTS-2077 Teardown

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Tue Aug 20 21:51:28 EDT 2013

Adrian,

I used Timelab to assess the reaction of the DTS-2077 to different sine
wave inputs.  The differences in the noise floor are surprising.  The
attached picture was made by taking the output of an HP 8647A
Synthesized Generator through a splitter, and then through different
lengths of cables to the inputs of the DTS-2077.  The combination of
splitter and cable loss meant I couldn't get +7 dbm @ 1 GHz.  If I could
have, the 1 GHz line might have been lower than it was.

Ed