[time-nuts] Wavecrest DTS-2077 Teardown

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Tue Aug 20 23:17:43 EDT 2013

Hi Said,

Yes, I saw your message from 2009 where you warned about the sine
waves.  That's why I was watching for it.  Thanks for the warning.  I
also realized that a DC Block and a 10 db attenuator makes a very nice
TTL or CMOS to Wavecrest converter for anything except 1 PPS which would
need about 15 db.  I tried an old circuit that uses an MC10116 ecl line
receiver - it's actually a dead Racal Dana 1992 counter where I'm using
the processing on the external reference input to square up the signal.
It gives me a slew rate equivalent to about a 50 MHz sine wave.  It
helped a lot, but not enough.  I'll try a 74AC04 and a BRS2G
Differential Line Receiver (risetime < 3ns, 400Mbps throughput).  Both
are in my junkbox.

Ed