[time-nuts] RFTGm-II-Rb - can you gps discipline it without the XO module?

Guido Küppers guikueppers at t-online.de
Fri Aug 23 14:25:17 EDT 2013

Hi Alan,
I haven't seen this behaviour yet, but then I have RFTG shut off for a couple of months since.
7168 is dividible by 7 and the result is 1024. You know the gps week wraps over from 1023 (0x3ff) to 0.
Perhaps what you see is the consequence of some software workaround of this problem, in other words the RFTG thinks a gps week rollover must have happened and tries to correct the date.
Have fun
Guido

Von Samsung Mobile gesendet

Alan Kamrowski II <alank2 at earthlink.net> hat geschrieben:

Hi Guido,

Do you have any idea why the unit interprets the date 7168 (0x1c00) days into the future?  If I send it today's date in the correct Motorola format, this is how many days it adds to it.  If I change the date to try another, it does the same thing.  Any idea why?  I can correct for it by subtracting 0x1c00 days before sending it, this just seems very odd.

Thanks,

Alan