[time-nuts] Needed: The Real Serial USB Fix

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Aug 23 21:29:41 EDT 2013

Hi

Pardon my interjection …. but.

For a simple TBolt monitor, *any* OS is total overkill. If all you have is a small / simple display - you can't put much up there. For a monitor you don't have a keyboard / mouse / usb touchpad / Bluetooth presentation wand. Nothing to do and nothing to control.  One big loop and not a lot else will do the trick with lots of time left over. If you want to go crazy, run one of the free RTOS distributions that the semiconductor companies give away. Freescale passes out MQX / MQX-lite. The others have similar "stuff". They all have way more in them than this sort of application requires.

Bob