[time-nuts] strange hp 5345A option C19

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Sat Aug 24 07:46:25 EDT 2013

Hi Luca

I'm sorry to hear that, there's not much satisfaction in being right when
it comes with such news attached:-(

The mod I devised was just a simple single link, totally reversible, that
allowed testing, and use if required, of the counters without the internal
reference.
It's been a while but if I remember rightly the link just routed  the
external reference to feed both the internal and external inputs to the PLL
which kept it locked and happy, but, of course, knowing that isn't really  of
much help in this instance.

I may be able to help with some spares but will write to you directly about
 that later, probably after the weekend, as I'm fiercely chasing my tail as
 always and need to go out shortly anyway.
Time, or at least a very severe lack of it, is definitely driving me  even
more nuts these days!

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR