[time-nuts] frequency multiplication

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Aug 30 13:20:37 EDT 2013

Hi

A discrete VCXO and PLL chip will always outperform the "buit in VCO" silicon parts. The CY2302 is quite noisy even by silicon standards. Your doubler / tripler will give you good close in noise, but poor performance broadband. A lot depends on what the ultimate use for the DDS output is. The DDS it's self likely has enough issues noise and spur wise to make the quality of the clock driving it somewhat less important.

Bob