[time-nuts] Speaking of 5370s

Christopher Brown cbrown at woods.net
Sat Aug 31 04:48:45 EDT 2013

I have 4 5335s, one very nice unit repaired by KN5U, two I repaired
myself and one I am still working one. (2 std, 2 option 40)

The 5334 and 5335 to not use the same style switches as the 5370.

HP liked to re-use parts, except where they did not.  This gear comes
from a time when alot more parts were limited selection or even custom
production, re-use of specific high-quality parts across more than a
decade of production and multiple models was alot more common.

The 5370 and 5345 are from around the same time, and to my eye it seems
obvious that the same team was involved in the design, the channel
switch layout is almost identical and appears to use the same switches
for the same purposed except the start/common switch that is a three way
in the 5345.

But, one 3 out of 7 of that style switch are damaged on my 5370B, and 6
of the 7 on a 5345 appear to be exactly the same.