[time-nuts] OT : different Rx and Tx baud rate on same port

Paul Alfille paul.alfille at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 09:17:17 EST 2013

The posix C library supports this. http://linux.die.net/man/3/tcsetattr
with the cfsetispeed and cfsetospeed functions.

We do something similar to synthesize 1-wire protocol with the serial port
by switching between baud rates to change from data to reset pulses. It
works pretty well depending on how well your usb-serial convertor supports
corner cases.

Of course this requires writing your own software.

Paul Alfille