[time-nuts] Trimble/Nortel 45000 GPS Locked ReferenceOscillatorboard

quartz55 quartz55 at hughes.net
Tue Dec 24 13:28:08 EST 2013

True.  Actually the book specifies 'Supply Voltage Ripple and Noise' at 350mVP-P (DC to 150MHz) for the 48V and <240VP-P for the 24V.  I was thinking about trying the AC, but I think I'll stick with my linear 30VDC supply.  But you can get one of those switchers for about $20.
  Just because it has a bridge to allow connection of floating +24VDC or
  -48VDC doesn't mean it is a good idea to apply AC. The input filter caps
  may not be designed to handle the ensuing ripple current. I would tread
  lightly in this area.

  --
  Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
  706 Flightline Drive