[time-nuts] Locked onto LORAN 8970 GRI Monday AM

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Tue Feb 5 09:59:21 EST 2013

Hi Paul,

I guess my point is, what is the point in firing up the
transmitter for hours at a time, using the old coding, if
they aren't planning on using the old coding?

They could be doing propagation tests, but all of that was
worked out 40 years ago and is available in white papers
galore.  So, if they aren't testing the new coding, what
are they doing?  It's not like you have to fire the transmitter
up every few days to keep the oil warm.

-Chuck Harris