[time-nuts] Embedded NTP server ideas and feature requests

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Feb 10 13:39:08 EST 2013

Hi

If you go the DIY route to PoE, be careful of the converter bricks you decide to use. Switchers by nature put hash on both the input and output terminals. You want to avoid back feeding crud onto the cable. It's common mode, but the chokes and transformers only isolate to a limited degree. Some of the common mode will indeed get into the receiver.

You don't have to go crazy selecting un-obtainable parts. Grab a couple to look at. A check with a scope and possibly a couple bypass caps / series coil(s)  likely will do the trick on one that's not awful to start out with.

Bob