[time-nuts] Possibly off topic - Jitter on Ethernet over poweradapters

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 01:15:49 EST 2013

It is unlikely to add much noise.  The PoE device only puts a DC bias
on the twisted pair.  The data signal is differential.   It is
transformer couple to is pretty much is immune to common mode noise.
So even iif the DC bias was noisy I don't thing it would matter.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California

Chris,

This isn't PoE we're discussing.  It's data over "mains wiring".   110 V AC
to you, 240 V AC to me.  Homeplug.

  http://www.dabs.com/products/zyxel-pla4201-500mbps-mini-powerline-ethernet-adaptor-twin-pack-83VC.html?q=ethernet%20power%20line&src=16

Cheers,
David