[time-nuts] Reverse-engineering LPRO

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Feb 16 18:10:48 EST 2013

Fellow time-nuts,

Considering that LPROs is pretty popular, I am a bit surprised that I
have not seen any major reverse-engineering effort on the LPROs. I have
the self-compiled LPRO service document, which collects parts of
schematics from patents, but still.

My main reasons for asking is that I want to get a little better
overview of how they work, how I can tune them up and what signals is
available where. Naturally, always figuring if there is some interesting
tweaks to be done.

LRPO is just a traditional analogue rubidium, in compact format, sure,
but never the less.

I have noticed that different FPGAs have been used over time. Curious
about the various jumpers and connectors in it.

Cheers,
Magnus