[time-nuts] Off topic project sort of heart rate monitor

Bob Martin k6rtm at comcast.net
Wed Feb 20 11:45:33 EST 2013

Being left-handed, I'll offer a left-handed suggestion --

Ditch the direct connection.  Go with a commercially available heart rate sensor, such as a transmitting chest strap heart rate monitor from Polar.

You can buy receivers for this (low carrier frequency) signal that connect up to Arduinos and such:

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/8661

This board even does noise filtering and some averaging for you, as well as providing raw outputs.

No wires between subject and monitoring gear. Seems like a winner to me.

Bob K6RTM