[time-nuts] Advise on HP-5335a features

Paul Berger phb.hfx at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 13:09:44 EST 2013

I am considering getting a counter with better resolution than my 5316A,
and have been looking at 5335A, they seem to be quite capable and fit my
budget, but I have some questions about options.

1. How useful is the option 020 DC voltmeter?  Does it offer good
resolution?
2. Is the option 040 a desirable feature?  Will it improve the
performance of the counter?  or would I be better off getting one with
the OXCO feature?

I also looked at a 5370A that was in my price range however the seller
would only ship by UPS and the cost of shipping was as much as the 5370A
even before UPS skins me for bringing it across the border, all the
other 5370s where out of reach.