[time-nuts] An embedded NTP server

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Jan 1 20:16:43 UTC 2013

--------
In message <AA21D17C-0FF4-4B22-B3A3-43AC2B9DAA58 at rtty.us>, Bob Camp writes:

>I'm not bashing the Arm parts, [...] They worry about every uA of
>current drain

True story:

Many years ago when the very first ARM silicon arrived and they started
testing it, it was generally execeeding expectations but a little bit
flakey at high clock rates.

After the bubbly had been drunk and hangovers subdued, the serious testing
started and one of the first thing they found was that they had forgotten
to hook up VCC:  The chip ran entirely on leaked power from the I/O pins,
most notably the #RESET pin.

When they also connected the VCC pin, it was stable well above spec'ed
speed.